There are many things to do to ready your project for National History DayA�. Here are some helpful hints to assist you with creating and finalizing your project and preparing for the day of the competition.
- Read the RULE BOOK!!!!
- Remember that your entry (paper, exhibit, performance, website, or documentary) must be able to stand alone. Although judges interview students, only on occasion does this affect the final score. Keep in mind that the interview is not intended to be supplemental to your project. Historical points you wish to make must be a part of your presentation.
- When judges do talk to you about your project they will ask questions such as: Why is this topic important to you? How did your topic affect history? What did you learn as your researched your topic?
- Make sure your presentation is well-designed and thoughtfully arranged. Go over all the details and make sure everything is neat and complete. If you have moving parts or equipment, make sure everything is working. Bibliographies and written materials should be spell checked and edited by someone other then yourself.
- Keep it simple! You only have a small amount of time or space. Even if you know the complete history of World War II, you can’t cover it all in ten minutes.
- Have fun! Many winners are those who successfully communicate their enjoyment to the judges. Everyone can’t win, so if you had a good experience working on your presentation, you haven’t lost anything!
Exhibits – Be mindful of the size requirements, use of media, word limits
Performances – Remember time requirements, performance introductions, media devices, script, props, costumes
Documentaries – Remember time requirements, presentation introductions, credits, extra copies of your documentary on flash-drive or DVD-R
Websites – Be mindful of size requirements, word limits, citations, links, navigation, multimedia, file safety, stable content, using NHD Weebly (http://nhd.weebly.com/)
History PapersA�- Consider word limit, structure, citations, preparation requirements, submitting four copies
Below is a list of rubrics for each type of project. A�You may want to use these rubrics to assist you in your project’s development,A�however these rubrics are not officially used nor sanctioned by NHD for competition use or use by the judges. A�Judging criteria can be found here, on the right sidebar.
- If participating in a group project, the “lead” student is the person who should check in for their group at registration. The lead student is the first name listed on the registration forms. Make sure all group members are aware which student is designated as the lead student.
- Students need to protect their projects in the event of inclement weather. Wrap exhibits and any props for performances in plastic or any type of waterproof material. There is a walk from the parking lot and bus drop-off to get to registration and presentation rooms.
- Students in the exhibit category must remain with their exhibit even after the judges move on to the next project. As the judging process progresses, judges may need to return to your exhibit to ask a question. Restroom breaks are fine, just return to the exhibit area.
- Bring extra copies of your documentaries! In case something goes wrong, you have other options to show your presentation.
- If you burn your documentary to a DVD-R, please test it on an actual DVD player, not just on your computer. Many times students find that their documentary does not play on a regular DVD player.
- Remember to bring four copies of your process paper and of your annotated bibliographies.
- Students will need to fill out a History Day Project Change form if they have changed the title of their project. These forms are available at the registration desks.
Our essay writer is familiar with your helplessness when you have a task to write something. We know, that sometimes it is can be not so difficult to write the text. You know, when you are at the elementary level of studying, it is not so difficult, but as you go up the educational process it becomes harder and harder. Not all people are the unique masters of word and have that writing gift. It means that you are good in other important things. But it is evident that the dissertation has to be done, no matter what the situation is, and here is our writing assistant.
There is no objection that studying process is hard and it strongly affects a student’s life and because of it many young people lean toward buying the finished essay using internet resource. When there are tons of homework you risk to lose things, which are more valuable – your friends and relatives. Don’t allow it happen with you! You have to be in touch with people, who care about your life, but on the other hand solving the academic questions is not of less importance. When you strike a snag with that researching process and have no time to accomplish everything, our helping hand is just what you need. Do you know the phrase, that two heads are better than one? We don’t want you to work like a horse for this writing tasks, we are able to help writing a paper for you. Our site is a magic tool, that will not let the most important things to slip your mind. When dealing with our company you can be sure that everything is legal and that you will be pleased with the result.